This is my clone project for Photoshop. I had my teacher's aide, Danielle, take my images. I actually took a blank one first and then showed her that image and told her where I planned to put each of my people. I was pretty careful not to overlap people, but one person sitting on the stool was pretty close to the gal on the floor, so I had to be very careful selecting that one.
Overall, I had no issues. I did not modify the bottom layer and just simply added masks after selecting the subject on all other layers. However, I did zoom up and double check and caught a few minor errors (missing tip of scissors and a shadow that looked funny) and two major errors--a door was open in one and closed in the other and I had the bell schedule hanging in front of an open hole instead of on the door and a telephone problem. In one, I am on the phone. But, I didn't think to select the phone when I added the mask and thus, I had a phone handset on the phone AND one on my year. So, I had to adjust my mask.
I was super happy with the project though. It took me maybe 7 to 10 minutes to think of my poses, get the pictures, and assemble this using the Automate> Photomerge feature. Easy and fun!
Here are a few other clone projects I've done from time to time... :)